Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So, update

Things have been crazy around here lately. Both my kids have been pretty sick, my electric breaker is broken in some way so that my deep freeze hasn't worked for a couple of weeks, at least. I didn't know it was broken. I found out when I discovered half a side of beef rotting in there. Imagine the worst thing you have ever smelled and multiply it by twelve. I can't begin to describe how disgusted I am.
Kerry has decided we could make a lot of easy money by selling newborn calves. He had me put an ad in the Thrifty Nickel, and asked me to take the calls. My phone rings off the hook! I was shocked at how many people want baby calves! We sold 60 calves in 3 days. Can you believe that? I do wish I didn't know so much about calves now.
Jacob is a new Sunbeam. I tried to get him all psyched up for it, excited and ready for the change. I failed. He hates it. Bad. He cries and cries and tells me, "I don't like this place! I can't do it Mom!" Last week they let him say the opening prayer (so he could talk into the coveted microphone) and then, since he turns 4 on Friday, they sang happy birthday and gave him a sticker. He was a little better after that, although I'm told he was not at all interested in Sharing Time, and had to be given crayons and paper to be happy. I don't know what to do about that.
Kory is really mobile now. He really wants to play with Jake, but Jake is officially irritated by his baby brother. He tells him, "Go away Kory! It's not your turn!" Then Kory cries and Jake feels bad and caves. That baby knows what he's doing.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

It's about time we got an update!!!!
We will miss you guys this weekend at the YF&R convention!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Hello, hello! I'm so glad I found your blog on Gwen's. OK. I didn't know about Kory's seizures! So what do the doctors say about them? It was so fun seeing Kory and Austin playing together last night! I love that Austin has so many boys his age that he'll be able to grow up with! We have to have another game night soon! Now that our kids are all better!