Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Four-year-old attachment


It's hard sometimes to keep yourself from laughing at your kids. I try to remind myself that their concerns and fears are very real to them, and deserve the same respect I would like to be given. But they seem so funny.
This is Jake losing his mind with anger and frustration. I had just cut his hair. He doesn't like haircuts because he doesn't like the noise of my electric clippers. Today, in the midst of whining about how loud it all is, he looked over to the sink, where I was collecting the clippings. He grabs some out and yells at me, "MOM! These were my favorite hairs!"
I realize its a small person attachment and control issue, but its still really funny. Next time I'll be sure to give proper respect and due dilligence to weed out which hairs are favorites, and which are disposable.

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

that is so cute!

Blake and Lara said...

hahaha! That is hilarious Emily. I also have a boy who freaks when we pull out the hair clippers! I have had to lock him in the bathroom before and almost pin him down to cut his hair.lol I swear I'm not an abusive mother.haha It's so funny what dramatic moments can come from something as simple as a hair cut.

Zach and Jessi said...

That's to funny, how could you not know those were his favorite hairs? Too cute, hope your baby is doing good : ).