Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historic Election...damn it

I have to get this off my chest, loudly and often.

What bothers me the most about the election outcomes, is it seems pretty clear that Americans don't know anything about the Constitution.

The president does not have the power to single-handedly legislate anything. It is largely not in the Executive's power to deliver on any of Obama's promises.

Obama wants to appoint Supreme Court justices who will consider the needs of the poor first. Justice is blind! It is not the Court's job to legislate, it is their job to interpret the Constitution.

Name for me a founding father who was a big fan of a giant federal government in charge of everything. The whole point of the revolution was to get away from a government that had their nose in all of our business, and too much of our pocketbook.

I am so, so bitter, and so, so scared. Boo to the Democrats, boo to Obama, and boo to you, if you have been taken in by this crap.

5 comments:

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Amen! This is the first election in which I hope and pray that the man cannot/will not deliver on the campaign promises.

I was pretty upset about the potential of this happening a couple of nights ago and happened to open my scriptures to D&C 109:54 which reads: “Have mercy, O Lord, upon all the nations of the earth; have mercy upon the rulers of our land; may those principles, which were so honorably and nobly defended, namely, the Constitution of our land, by our fathers, be established forever.” I think I will memorize it and add it to my nightly prayers.

What do you think – potential for a strong third party (libertarian?) 2012, supported by those feeling disenfranchised by the current parties and those who support the constitution as written by our founding fathers?

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

I didn't like either candidate. I was so dissapointed in my choices, I wrote a candidate in. Joe says I threw my vote away, and that may be, but I believe that as a representative republic, we are individually culpable for the votes we cast, and I can't in good conscience be culpable for either.

I take comfort in the Book of Mormon, for all those times the land was blessed for the righteousness of the few. I guess its our job to do the best we can to be the best we can, and try to hold off calamities.

Zach and Jessi said...

It will be interesting to see how this all works out. But on another note I have to say that you did a great job on your kids costumes they are dang cute!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

My question is will the Republican party now learn it's lesson? I know the answer to that is probably not. And the public as a whole will have to suffer a great deal before they get it. How soon we have all ready forgotten 9-11 and our God. What will it honestly take? It scares me to death to think of it!

Jacob said...

I think that he is a charismatic fellow, myself.