Monday, June 1, 2009

My life has many layers

I recently acquired a totally kick-a** vacuum. It is the first one I have ever owned that was not handed down to me, and costs more than 50 dollars. The first time I vacuumed my floors with it, I instantly felt simultaneously bad about how dirty my floors were, and elated at how much my vacuum was getting up. See, that's the neato thing about these bagless canister vacs. You can see all the nasties piling up in the vacuum as you go. In addition to my totally rockin' vacuum, I have a two-year-old who lives to make messes. If there is something to dump out, he will find it and dump it. In the last week, he has dumped the following on my kitchen floor, listed in order of apperance:
Rice Cereal
Marshmellow Mateys
Paprika
Dried Breadcrumbs
So, layered in my vacuum canister, is a layer of white, a layer of multicolored marshmellow bits, bright red, and brown. It reminds me of those sand-layer crafts:
So, I will pretend that he is merely creative, not willfully destructive. He is an artist, and art is mess. Good thing art is easily sucked in by a Hoover.


4 comments:

Krista said...

McKayla out grew that stage at about 3.5. Go with curious and super smart.

Julie said...

Parfaits have layers. Have you ever offered anyone a parfait and they say hell no I don't want no parfait? Parfaits are delicious.

You are weird to think that it's "neato" to see all the crud that was in your carpet.

Also, you are a goober to use the word "neato."

I heart goobers.

Megan said...

I wish I had a great vacuum! I can't wait to get one.

Brittney said...

Hi Emily
Just wanted to let you know that I loved meeting you the other day at the primary activity.