Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The test, etc

Kory's EEG was just as awful as I thought it would be, but at least we lived. The results came back normal, which would be reassuring except he has had two more episodes since the test. So, next week we're going to see a pediatric neurologist. I'm still not freaking out in general, although I have had my moments (thanks to the many friends who listened with sympathy, and to Greg and Gwen, who let us interrupt their evening to give my baby a blessing.). I wish I had more to report, but this is the best I can do.
On a happier note, Jake had quite the adventure this morning. I have a jetted tub, and Jake has learned, at his own cost, that playing with the button that turns on the jets is a poor idea. However, he must have slipped or something this morning, as the jets ruined his day. He pushed the button and a whole host of hysterical things happened. The water wasn't high enough to cover the jets, so all the water being shoved through them just flew through the air with rocket force, hitting his skinny little body and making a terrible noise. Add to that the knowledge that he was going to be in big trouble for pushing the button and you can understand his panic. HE LOST HIS MIND! He was screaming, "Mom! Help! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" It was SO funny. I felt kind of bad for laughing when he told me it wasn't funny, "I'm really sad!" but the thing is, it was funny. Darn funny. And I deserved to laugh, because I had to clean it up.
Kory is a mover and a groover. He can get just about everywhere. If his tiny arms won't let him drag himself to his destination, he's got the rest of the family good and trained so we assist him in a timely manner. He is desperate to eat like all the big people, but will sadly have to wait. He is currently not sure what is up with the dog. If you've been to my house, you know my dog isn't so much a canine as an equine. This animal is frickin' huge. Kory doesn't seem to be able to figure out if he's people, if he's something else, and why can't he catch him?
More later when the doctor tells us that the baby is fine!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

you definitely deserved a great laugh out of that tub incident...especially when you are waiting to hear what's up with Kory. We are looking forward to your post when you tell us nothing is wrong!:)
*ps great lesson today, at least the part that I was actually there for!

Brandon and Brittany said...

So funny story! (Jacob, not Kory) Makes me miss having you in my ward so I can get good laughs like that.

Rachel said...

Great to hear from you too! I was very excited to see you had a blog going. Esther kept asking about all the pictures of Jake. We're so sorry to hear about Kory. We'll be praying for you guys. Love ya lots!