Tuesday, October 2, 2007

We're back!

It's been a crazy summer, but as things are finally starting to settle down, I figure I'd better post so you can keep up! :)
So, top on our list of events this summer is the monumental water situation we have had in the basement. First I flooded it, thanks to a broken pipe, then there was a leak, thanks to my swamp cooler. Thankfully both floods were covered by our homeowners insurance. So the end of that story is we have a completely recarpeted basement, and lovely newly painted walls in the family room for the bargain price of $1000. Not bad considering the recarpet would have cost us $10,000 easily. It took a while to put everything back together, thus the no internet for Emily, but all is well now and we are really enjoying the new digs.
Next in my summer of chaos, my sister moved in with my under stressful circumstances. The idiot boyfriend I have mentioned before had managed to get them evicted from their apartment and they no longer had anywhere to go. They called us in desperation, and we went down to Salt Lake to get them. The hoser boyfriend lasted less than 24 hours before he was on the phone with his dad getting a bus ticket back to SLC. After spending more time with them, making observations and some conversation with my sister, it became clear that she was not safe with him. So Joe and I made a command decision that did not go over well...we made him go and made her stay. She was pretty upset for a long time, but she has a job here now, and is making plans to attend either ISU or USU in the spring. She has decided to dump the boyfriend, and we are going down to SLC to get her stuff this weekend. She's in counseling now, and things are going really well. I really hope things will work out for her, and we are enjoying having her here. The kids really love her.
Speaking of kids, I babysit two little boys, 6 days a week now. Colton and Tucker and 6 and 5 respectivly. They both attend Kindergarten all day, and are really coming along. They have a lot of challenges, but despite that, having them here has been good for Jake. Colton and Tucker need a lot of help getting caught up learning their letters and numbers and so forth, so the extra work has been great helping Jake get ready for Kindergarten. Plus he's learnign to share, take turns, compromise, and communicate. I'm not sure he would have aquired these skills any other way, so I'm hoping he'll be the most prepared boy ever! Plus, money that is all my own is quite a plus too. I like feeling like I can help with our debt situation, especially since , lets face it, I made the debt situation :).
Kory is getting bigger and more accomplished all the time. He has two teeth now, and will be sitting up soon. He creeps along the floor at an alarming pace, largely due to his desperate need to get to his big brother and play. He wants to be a part of everything Jake does. He really loves that guy. I didn't fully appreciate how much fun it is to watch those two interact. Jake is a great big brother. When Kory cries in his carseat, Jake sings him a song his grandma Ward made up for him. Its so cute. I love my little tiny boys.
We're looking forward to the fall (yea!) and will keep posting more often so we're not such strangers!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

So glad you finally posted! Of course I knew all this info already, but it's still fun to read on your blog:) Keep the blogs rolling. And get some pictures on of how big Kory is getting!!!!