Thursday, March 13, 2008

Feasting on the words of Christ

I just got called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher in our ward (evidently there are slim pickings for teachers) and was considering buying new scriptures to help me out. I bought new ones just after Joe left on his mission about 8 years ago, and there really isn't anything wrong with mine, I just thought it might be nice. Since I don't really need them I decided to just use the ones I have. Yesterday I heard an unpleasant ripping sound. My baby has become obsessed with paper and loves to tear things, so I was rushing toward the sound thinking, "Ugh! What has he gotten into now?" The little stink had pulled himself up to my nightstand and tugged my quad onto the floor. When I caught him he was serenely chewing Alma 32.
Alma 32:28:
28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

So now I need new scriptures, because my baby has been feasting on the words of Christ.

4 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

he he.

Gwen said...

In this case I hope he didn't spit them back out...that could be a bad sign...:)

Brian Adair Fam said...

I'm so glad his "feasting" was so "delicious"! Hopefully he won't be doing this to your new set of scriptures!!

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Sounds like they picked the perfect Gospel Doctrine teacher, you've already taught your children to correlate the scriptures to their own lives! Now all you need is a little tweaking in regards to the literal "feasting." I love it!