Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A clean, though snotty, bill of health!

Kory had a follow-up with the neurologist today. In case you don't remember, his old neurologist was fired a few months ago, so this was our first meeting with her replacement. I was kind of nervous that he would want more test (which are awful) and find more things for me to worry about. What happened instead is such a blessing. He said he has looked over both our EEG's and also sent them out to be anyalyzed elsewhere and everyone is in agreement: the EEG's are perfectly normal. Since he has had no seizures in months and is in every other way normal and healthy, we can conclude that whatever was wrong was likely episodal and, barring any further incident, we can assume he is perfectly normal and healthy. So allow me to say YAY!!!!!!! My baby is the snottiest kid you will meet (by which I mean he has a lot of mucus, not an attitude problem) but he is just fine. Thank you so much to everyone who offered their concern, their help and thier prayers. It means so much to us. I have to say that I am so grateful for the comfort and guidance of the Spirit. There isn't anything worse than the feeling of total helplessness and uselessness that comes when your child is sick. I couldn't have dealt with any of this at all if not for the calming reassurances of the Spirit and constant love of my Saviour. Even when I'm not sure how worthy I am of His love and help, I know with a surety that He loves my children, and He will make me everything they need as long as I earnestly seek His help.

4 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Yay for you guys Em. I am very excited for both you and Kory. What great news!

Gwen said...

What a HUGE blessing!!!!

Brian Adair Fam said...

That is wonderful news!! It was so fun chatting with you today at church. Kory and Austin were so funny with those toys. Who knew that the lion would be a favorite! :0)

Rachel said...

So happy for you guys. What a miracle!