Monday, February 23, 2009

Perks

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with all the things I have to do, and all the things I could be doing better that I wonder if I'm accomplishing anything at all. I wonder if I stepped out of my life if someone else would step in and do a better job than I do. But then little things happen, and I think I might be ok....

For example...

A very tiny girl is ludicrously happy to see me in the morning-like we've been apart for years!

A small boy smears slobber all over my lips when he gives me a kiss while I read him his favorite book (Big Red Barn) for the 72nd time today.

A rapidly growing boy stops me vacuuming to tell me I'm the best mom ever.

The small boy asks me, "Kory yours?" and I can respond "Yes. Forever and ever." Then he laughs and throws his arms around my legs.

The rapidly growing boy tells me he's going on a mission like dad, but only if I come too.

The small boy tells knock-knock jokes that always go the same way: Knock knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange who? Butt! (hysterical giggling) His big brother taught him that "butt" is funny. I know it's wrong, but the joke is awesome.

The rapidly growing boy tells me that Raena is so pretty, "just like you!"

The tiny girl sings along with hymns during family prayer.

My children offer the cutest prayers.

No one loves me like my children do.

5 comments:

Julie said...

That's so ridiculously sweet.

Julie said...

And by the way.... I don't think anyone could do a better job than you. Which is both good news and bad new, I guess.

Amy Peterson said...

Adorable! You have the cutest family and are the cutest mom ever! I hope to be as amazing as you one day (soon)!

* That's not an annoucement though.

Sara Hirschi said...

How sweet! I love it!! Things like that make me really want to be a mom! You are awesome Emily! =)

Dinee said...

That is very cute. Isn't being a mom the best?