Thursday, February 19, 2009

A work in process

So, maybe you will have noticed I have another blog that I work on to practice my writing. If not, check my sidebar, and don't be too judgemental. I read of a most wonderous event yesterday, between Nancy Pelosi and the Pope (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/us/19pelosi.html?ref=politics). They have such diverging accounts of the event, that I was reminded of "Summer Lovin" from Grease. It is my current deepest literary desire to write a song chronicling this awesome happening to the tune of "Summer Lovin" entitled "Papal Meeting."

Papal Meeting, winter in Rome,

Papal Meeting, so far from Home,

Met a girl, she won't tow the line,

Met the Pope, he liked me just fine,

Catholic rules, someone needs schooled
but the spin makes her look real good.

I'd appreciate any glimmers of inspiration you may have!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You can't forget the "well-uh-well-uh-well-uh UH!"

I'll think on it.

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Love it! I'll be singin' it all day now!