Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Big Fun

The weekend saw some awesome additions to our home, upping our fun quotient significantly.
I've been begging Joe to get me and old tire and fill it with sand for years! Finally, Julie took pity on me and helped me get the tire myself. That was a month ago. On Saturday, Joe finally brought me a load of sand. I think he overdid it, but the kids aren't complaining.
Goats! As mentioned in the Bennet Blog, we got goats. I'd like to point out that I put in the last t-post and finnished the pen all by myself Sunday so we could bring out goats home.

Kory's goat still needs to be bottle fed, and he LOVES doing it!


They spend as much time as they can with their goats. Jake had named his "Goaty" but has since changed his mind to "Faster." Jake doesn't have terrific diction, so if you come to my house and hear Jake calling "Bas-tard!" across the yard, you'll know your ears are deceiving you.

Kory thinks his pet is a sheep and his name is "Goat." I'm sure we'll sort it out.








5 comments:

Dinee said...

Taylor has wanted goats for years! He'd be so jealous if I told him you got some. I'm not going to though because you might have a new roommate and I'd find myself as a single mom down here.

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Dinee, COME VISIT! You know, when you feel up to it. We can hook you up with goats, pigs, chickens, cows, horses, and very possibly a llama. It would be, as the title of the post suggests, BIG FUN!

Gwen said...

Personally I think you guys are CRAZY!!! When I went on our stake handcart trek when I was 16, each "family" had to take a goat along and care for it for the three days. I'm pretty sure I will NEVER be fond of goats since that experience.

But in your case it makes for some SUPER CUTE PICTURES so I guess it's worth it ;)

Unknown said...

That does look like BIG FUN. I don't know if I could do goats so I'm impressed.

I wish I would have know about your desire for a sand box. I would have given you the load of sand from my flower bed. There's more where that blew in from.

(We have missed hanging out with you at speech.)

Julie said...

A LLAMA? Why didn't you tell me that you have llama access?