Saturday, May 2, 2009

Several new things...

I have so much to tell you! And since I can't get the picture order right, it's going to be just a little random.

First picture: Kory got a big boy bed for his birthday! We got it at IKEA, which was an experience all by itself! IKEA is HUGE! It has a giant show floor on the top floor, and all the pieces to the furniture on the bottom. It's a giant maze of Swedish ingenuity! Kory really likes his new bed, and took to it with almost no trouble at all.



Here is Kory's birthday cake. Morgan was nice enough to point out that someone left a giant number 2 on my counter. (Get it? Yeah, he's funny, but gross.)


I really want my kids to understand why we celebrate things like Easter and Christmas, so in the week before Easter, we did a few activities to help them learn about the last week of Christ's life, including the triumphal entry. I told them the story, showed some pictures, and then we made these palm fronds and sang "Hosana" from the Children's Songbook. They really enjoyed it.


Lastly, TA DA! My new table! Some of you will know that I had uncharitable feelings toward an uppity German woman who beat me to a beautiful dining room set at DI. Well, my feelings were asuaged by this stellar find on Craig's list! It's hardwood, from Pottery Barn and I picked it up for a steal! We love it! It has one additional captain's chair, and you can see the other leaf leaning up against the wall. It will suit our needs for years to come!





2 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! Morgan is famous on someone's blog besides my own.

Taylor said...

Beautiful pictures specially I love your table very much and would like to browse Pottery barn kids for the same.