Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm sorry sir, that bag is to big to be carry-on...

As part of my crazy nesting, I decided today would be a great day to get the diaper bag organized and ready to accomodate two tots in diapers. I was so impressed with my organizational plan: I got garment bags from the dollar store to put all their stuff in individual bags. Raena's bags have purple ribbon threaded through them so I know whose stuff is whose. Raena would have 1 bag for diapers, 1 for spare clothes, burp rags, etc, 1 for other needs like binkies and toys. Kory would have a bag for diapers, and one for his and Jake's toys and books and snacks. I need one for assorted pads, a spare shirt, and mommy stuff. Are you counting? That's 6 bags. Then there's the wipes bag they can share, and other pockets for all the other stuff I might need (you know, keys, money, phone, pain reliever for what is shaping up to be quite the backache). I fear my diaper bag can't accomodate such a load. The pile of stuff covers most of the top of my changing table. I forgot the difference between what an 18-month-old needs, and what a newborn needs. I bet I have more stuff packed for that bag than my ancestors packed to cross the Atlantic Ocean and North America. How embarrassing. But how do you pare down? I have to be prepared for anything!

Maybe I should just stay home from now on.

No comments: