Friday, September 19, 2008

My big fat update...

So since I haven't blogged any news in MONTHS, here are some of the more exciting things we've been experiencing:

Kory had to have a procedure done to open his tear ducts. Jacob had the same problem, but he had his done at nine months, so it was just a twenty minute nothing of a procedure done at the opthamologist's office. Kory was over a year, so he had to have his done at the surgical center, with anesthesia and everything. If you've ever had a child that small need general anesthesia, you know that it makes them the DEVIL! Oh he was ornery! The really crappy part is that it didn't work, so we have to go in again this winter to put tubes in his face. I'm sure that will be a laugh riot. On the plus side of being Kory, he's started to talk a little, he finally walks, and he thinks he's hysterical. He might actually be starting to like other people too, as he doesn't loose his mind when we take him to nursery.

Jake is in speech therapy now, trying to make up for his language deficit before he starts school. He really likes it, and I'm excited he's finally getting the problem addressed. He is so excited for his baby sister, he asks all the time when she is coming to live with us. He "helped" me paint the border in her room, and added a little touch of his own: a row of flower stickers. I don't have the heart to take them down, he's so proud.

Joe and I are plugging along, each of us grumpy but for the same reason-babies are hard work! But no matter how bad I feel with this pregnancy, I can smile through it, knowing this will never happen to me again!

No comments: